The Mug Swap, by the numbers:
Total Participants: 877
American Participants: 829
Canadian Participants: 20
International Participants: 28
Countries Represented: US, Canada, England, Ireland, Scotland, Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, India, Germany, Spain, France, Slovakia, and Turkey
States Represented: 50
Coffee Drinkers: 583
Tea Drinkers: 177
Hot Chocolate Drinkers: 108
1st Time Mug Swappers: 754
2nd Time Mug Swappers: 104
3rd Time Mug Swappers: 17
Instagrams with the #mugswap2013: 1608
Thank you to KatyGirl, who was the button designer & recipient of approximately 3471 texts regarding this swap.
Thank you to Steve Jobs (may he RIP), for the greatest invention of all time and AT&T and my unlimited texting and data plan.
Thank you to Sergey Brin, provider of all things Google, and the magical form and mail merge spreadsheet which made sending 877 emails possible, without sacrificing my sanity.
Thank you to THIS guy for his YouTube tutorial on sending mail merges via Google Docs.
Thank you to Instagram, for being the coolest social media app in the world - allowing for a little blogiversary celebration to go viral, and connecting me with hilarious people who send me things like this:
Thank you to the Mug Swap sponsors, many of whom reached out to me offering giveaway goodies, and who received an average of 3 emails each, full of annoying questions from me, because I'm new at this.
Thank you to my Keurig, for taking an insane amount of mug pics for instagramming purposes, as well as fueling each day.
Thanks to all of you for wanting to participate in something like this, and for making the mug swap the fun that it is! Which is the whole reason I do it, because it's FUN.
Thank you to those of you willing to go above and beyond, who replaced broken mugs, sent mugs to those whose didn't show up, sent me kind and encouraging emails, and who have just done lovely things for one another.
Thank you to Susan, Jaime, Lesley, Hannah, Jenna, Christine, & Rachel who sent some awesome goodies to me. You ladies spoiled me rotten.
Thank you to mugs everywhere for being willing to fly through the skies. From east to west, and west to east. To leave stocked full shelves in Targets, Anthropologie, and World Markets, to join motley mug collections in cupboards across the globe.
And finally, Thank you to the USPS, who, as we all know, are the real heroes of the Mug Swap.
Hug a mail carrier today!
And a few more business related items:
1. If you haven't gotten your mug yet, and you haven't contacted me about it, please email me: email@example.com
2. If you have gotten your mug but haven't contacted your sender to let them know you did & say thank you, please do so! If you're a sender and wondering if they got it, shoot them a quick email to confirm.
3. The link up will be open all month, so if you don't have a blog post yet (or your mug yet), link up when you do!
4. I'm a huge dork and asked you whether you liked coffee, tea, or hot cocoa. It only took me two weeks after sending out the assignments to realize I forgot to include this information on the assignments.
5. Lastly, come back and check the link ups when you can! I think there are some really awesome mug stories out there!
Alright, and for the last number, LINK UPS. How many is it gonna be? Write your post, include this button, and link up below!